Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We've heard them all

picture from http://www.stevesmusicstuff.com

Well, we've heard a lot of them. You know what we're talking about: excuses for not practising. Here are a few of our favourites, collected over the past forty or so years.
I didn't practise last week because:
1. it was too hot
2. it was too cold
3. I couldn't remember which piece I was learning.
4. I had to have a bath.
Daniel McKay, classical guitar teacher, swears this is genuine.
5. My sister is using the piano stool for a TV stand in her bedroom.
6. My girlfriend dumped me and I was too miserable to practise.
7. I left the power cord for my keyboard at Dad's place.
8. My guitar had a broken string.
9. I decided to do all my practice on Thursday, but then I had to go out on Thursday.
10. I got RSI playing computer games.

We have another fifty of these, which we'll share in other posts.
I wonder if you have any we haven't heard?